Saturday, May 24, 2014

I'd Rather

In class yesterday, we planned to plant potatoes for research involving plant density. Landon, a young father of 1 and 1/2, and I rode a Gator to the field, and a man named Jordan drove the other Gator behind us, while Professor Willis took a pick-up in front of us with everyone else in the truck bed. I didn't know this, but the way to the field took a dirt road, and we ate a lot of dirt driving behind the pick-up. Thank you for eyelashes. Landon and I sowed seed 8 inches apart, in staggered rows 15.5 inches apart. We did this on three plots of 10 by 10 foot.There were maybe 15 of us planting. Some of us were in class together, and then there was one other class. I just have to say: I love farmers. They are slow-paced, but know when it's time to get serious. They are friendly and genuine. We need more farmers.

It was fun. And I almost didn't go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some have a greatness that is proportionally greater than others. Who cares?

My photo
I want to be made of the best parts of what came before me.